Clay County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Our Clay County Criminal Defense Lawyers can help you
If you’ve been charged with a crime in Clay County, you may be thinking about claiming indigency and having a public defender represent you. While that is certainly an economical way to deal with your charges, and it’s well within your rights, it’s probably in your best interest to hire a private criminal defense lawyer in Clay County. Here’s why:
- Public defenders in Clay County have notoriously heavy caseloads.
- While most are very dedicated, they are more prone to accept pleas from the state in order to make room for other cases.
- Unlike private defense lawyers who work for the client, public defenders work for the state
Being indicted or arrested for criminal charge, whether a misdemeanor or felony, is a life changing event. You risk spending time in jail, having a damaged reputation, or getting hefty fines if you don’t find someone reliable to help you fight these charges.
At Kc Defense Counsel we understand this, and we are ready to give you the best legal representation possible. We know the legal system can be complicated, but can help navigate the best results for you
We tailor a defense to the charges you face and aim for the best outcome. Experience, Knowledge, Results, is not just a slogan, it is a reflection of our practice.
KC Defense Counsel is a modern criminal defense firm with a unique collaborative approach to criminal defense. All attorneys provide input on your case with years of experience and unique perspectives. The views of a former clerk, prosecutor, corporate litigator along with years of experience, and bar licenses in 4 states, provide your case with multiple strategies.
Our track record speaks for itself! We have worked with many clients facing criminal charges in of all ranges and multiple jurisdiction Our Clay County criminal defense attorney has a reputation of successfully defending individuals in a number of criminal cases including; felony, misdemeanor, DWI/DUI cases, driving while suspended, traffic tickets, among others.
The testimonial of clients is a glimpse of what our Clay County criminal attorney has achieved. How well do you think our Clay County criminal lawyers can do with your case?
Top quality representation
The Clay County criminal defense attorneys at KC Defense Counsel have represented Thousands of clients, defending individuals in a range of criminal cases, from minor misdemeanors to serious felony charges. They understand the legal system and can help guide you through the process while zealously fighting for your rights and working to preserve your freedom.
Our Clay County criminal defense attorneys offers excellent representation. With decades of experience, our bank criminal defense attorneys understands the ins and outs of handling criminal charges in Clay County Circuit Court. Our Clay County criminal defense attorney will also fight for your rights until you get the justice you deserve.
Client Comes First
At KC Defense Counsel the client comes first. We, therefore, seek to provide the best customer service. We have customer care that will respond to your inquiry within 72 hours.
We also an innovative system that lets you process basic legal matters from the comfort of your couch. Through the system, our clients can discuss their criminal matters, receive essential documents, and pay fines. But in case you want to have an in-depth discussion, our attorneys are always accessible. You can call or email, we are here to answer your questions. He will listen to your case and give the best legal advice.
The Support You Need
Criminal proceedings can be lengthy and tiring. This can take a toll on you and cause emotional suffering. Our Clay County criminal defense lawyer will provide practical advice on how to deal with your fears during your trying time
The Clay County criminal defense lawyer will explain everything about the legal process to make you understand what you are up against. We will discuss all the unwritten rules that might come handy in deciding your case. All that in a bid to ensure you are emotionally stable throughout the trial.
Private criminal defense lawyers in places like Clay County are hired to do one job: defend your rights. At KC Defense Counsel, our experienced attorneys manage their own case loads, and they’re under no pressure to negotiate a plea bargain. If they recommend accepting a deal from the state, it’s because it’s in the client’s best interest.
At the KC Defense Counsel, we represent individuals who have been charged with crimes in Clay County. The categories of Missouri criminal offenses that we defend include:
- Misdemeanor Crimes – Misdemeanors are generally considered less serious than felony crimes, but they can be punishable up to a year in prison and a fine of $2,000 or both.
- Felony Crimes – Felonies include more serious crimes and almost always involve the potential for prison. Felonies in the state of Missouri include five categories, with Class E being the least serious and Class A crimes including murder, kidnapping, and even large drug crimes.
- DUI in Missouri – In most cases, if you’re an adult over 21 years of age, the legal blood alcohol content (BAC) limit is .08. Being charged with a DUI, even if it’s a first offense, can land you in jail. Moreover, you will be facing fines and the loss of driving privileges.
- Traffic Crimes – You may not need a criminal defense attorney every time you get a ticket, but certain driving offenses, like reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, can lead to arrest. Police officers in cities like Clay County have been known to take drivers into custody for traffic misdemeanors.
Any arrest is serious. If you’ve been charged with a crime or taken into custody, contact the Clay County criminal defense lawyers at KC Defense Counsel immediately.
Clay County Courthouse:
1 Courthouse Square, Liberty, MO 64068
Belton, Blue Springs, Buckner, Claycomo, Grain Valley, Gladstone, Grandview, Greenwood, Houston Lake, Independence, Lake Waukomis, Lake Tapawingo, Lake Winnebago, Liberty, North Kansas City, Oakview, Parkville, Peculiar, Raymore, Raytown, Smithville, Bates County, Cass County, Clinton County, Johnson County(MO), Platte County, Saline County